The deadline to upgrade to HSRP for vehicles bought before April 1st 2019 is Nov 17th 2023. HSRP is mandatory on all vehicles (Two & Three wheelers, Light Motor Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles, Trailer, Tractor etc.,) in the State of Karnataka registered (old /existing vehicles) prior to 1% April 2019.
Here is the step by step process to upgrade to the HSRP for your vehicle:
- Visit https://transport.karnataka.gov.in OR www.siam.in and click book HSRP.
- Choose your Vehicle manufacturer.
- Fill basic vehicle details.
- Choose dealer location as per your convenience for affixation of HSRP.
- Pay HSRP fee online. No payment to be made in cash.
- An OTP will be sent to the Mobile of vehicle owner.
- Choose date and time of affixation as per your convenience.
- Visit any of your vehicle manufacturer/dealer.
- For affixation of HSRP, may be applied for Office premises / Home location as convenient.
- Don’t affix imitation HSRP / look alike plates / smart number plates such as with fake hologram / IND mark/ INDIA inscribed or engraved from any open market road-side vendors. Those are not HSRP.
- No transaction in RTO Office such as change of ownership, address, HPA / HPT, fitness etc will be permitted without the affixation of HSRP.
- No fine for vehicles presenting valid HSRP receipt upto 30 days from the appointment date.